Modern Scottish Art
Terms and Conditions
The Modern Art by Post website is owned and operated by Mrs Bern Ross (hereafter referred to as “MAbP”, "we," "us," or "our") who resides at 6 Westfield Court, Stonehaven, Kincardineshire, AB39 2JW. If you wish to contact us, you may in the first instance, e-mail us via the Contact Us page. Under normal circumstances, our emails are monitored several times per day, so someone should be able to reply to you within a reasonable time span - we aim to reply within 24 hours. If your enquiry is exceptionally urgent, you may telephone (during Office Hours) on 01569 764500 or text 07789 748361. Please leave a message with your contact telephone number if there is no one available to take the call immediately, and we will call you back.
Office Hours are: Monday to Friday 0900 hrs – 1600hrs GMT.
All content on the Modern Art by Post website including and without limitation, names, logos, trademarks, service marks, images and illustrations, text and information, video or sound are protected by copyrights and other intellectual property rights owned and controlled by Modern Art by Post. All rights reserved.
Artists retain copyright to their own work at all times, unless they have expressly granted, in writing (and often for a fee) permission to use one of their images.
All images and artists' written content shown on this site are copyright to the individual artists and may not be downloaded, copied or reproduced in any way without the express written permission of the artists concerned. The copyright of any and all such content and images will be protected by the artists with recourse to legal action if necessary.
No website content may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed in any way, or otherwise used for any purpose without the prior written permission of their respective owners. You may not add, delete, distort, or otherwise modify the contents on Modern Art by Post website, except in areas designated for this purpose. Any unauthorised attempts to modify, to defeat or circumvent our security features, or to utilise the Modern Art by Post website for other than the intended purposes, are prohibited. Please report to us any material on the website which you believe may infringe your copyright, or cause offence. You may not use or reproduce any trademarks appearing on our Site for any purpose without the prior agreement of the relevant owner.
Purchasing An Artwork
Please see our Information page on how to purchase an Artwork, which includes details of how to pay, returns & cancellation, and forms part of Modern Art by Post’s General Terms & Conditions.
Modern Art by Post is a privately run website and any artwork that might in the future be displayed on the site is the sole responsibility of the specific artist. Any artwork submitted to Modern Art by Post should be appropriate to the site’s aims and objectives, i.e. to provide a platform or ‘shop front’ for excellent modern art; and to sell modern art direct to the buyer. The proprietor will not consider any artwork which:
- May constitute libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, or is obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening.
- May infringe any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person.
- May violate any applicable law or advocates illegal activity.
- Advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods, services, advertisers or sponsors or otherwise engages in commercial activity, other than the purpose for which the Modern Art by Post website has been designed, and that any such commercial activity lies strictly within the law and the Terms & Conditions of use of the website.
- Includes programs which may contain viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunication.
- Disobeys any policy or regulation established from time to time regarding use of the Modern Art by Post website or any networks connected to the website.
- Contains links to other sites that contain the kind of content that falls within the descriptions set out in the points above.
We will cooperate with any legal authorities and comply with any court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting content in violation of any applicable local laws. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove or disable access to any content posted on or to our site, including without limitation content posted by you to a message board or chat room if we believe that content violates any of the above policies or infringes any intellectual property rights.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
You expressly agree that your use of the Modern Art by Post website, the content and any products or services purchased on or through the Modern Art by Post website is at your own risk.
Modern Art by Post cannot warrant that this website will be available uninterrupted or error free at all times. We will, however, endeavour to correct errors as soon as we are made aware of them, within the time constraints placed upon us by our Web Hosting providers.
Modern Art by Post, its agents, employees and any person involved in the creation, production and distribution of this website, shall not be liable for:
- Any claims, liability, or direct/indirect, punitive, actual, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages resulting from your purchase of any product or services on the Modern Art by Post website, or from any use of any content or systems.
- Defects, delays in operation, transmission failure, system downtime, or other failure or performance on the Modern Art by Post website or the Internet.
If applicable law does not allow the exclusion of some or all of the above limitations or liability to apply to you, then the limitation will apply to you only to the extent permitted by applicable law. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder of the agreement shall remain valid and enforceable.
Any advice, recommendation, representation or other information given by us concerning the products, which is not confirmed in writing is given on an informal basis and shall not form part of the relationship between us.
Modern Art by Post may remove or modify any content or functionality at any time, without notice or liability, at its sole discretion. Any use of the Modern Art by Post website will be at your own risk and will be subject to the disclaimers and limitations set out above.
© 2016 Modern Art by Post. All rights reserved.
Thank you for visiting Modern Art by Post
For info about shipping and returns please see this page